AUTUMN APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
Join our autumn internship program in 2019/20
and kick-start you career in VFX
Are you a graduate or junior artist looking for your first break in the VFX industry? Starting in autumn 2019 Mattescape Studios will give two people the chance to join our team to develop their skills to become better artists.
Full time mentoring
During your internship you will receive full-time mentoring in a highly productive visual effects environment
Advance your 2D and 3D skills and gain valuable experience by working on real production projects
Learn the different stages of the vfx pipeline from pre-production to finished shot
Starting date: 1th September 2019
Location: Kalmar (Sweden)
Qualifications – Who are we looking for?
- Recent graduates or entry/junior artists looking for their first break in the VFX industry
- Individuals with a passion for Matte Painting and/or CG Environments
- Highly-motived individuals with a strong passion for the creation of visual effects
- Candidates eager to learn and develop their individual skills
What do we offer?
- Paid internship position for 5-6 months on location at our Kalmar office in Sweden
- Extended training and the possibility to work on real live projects
- Dedicated full time mentoring
Preparing for your stay
Once you have successfully submitted your application and been accepted to our internship program there are many things to prepare before departure. Please take your time to read through the following guides about Sweden, housing and different services around the city.
As this internship program is open only to EU/EEA citizens there is no need for a residence permit. As of 1 May 2014, EU/EEA citizens are not required to apply for right of residence in Sweden. However, if you are planning on staying longer than one year it is recommended to register with the Swedish Tax Office, Skatteverket.
Our office is located in the very center of Kalmar city (Kvarnholmen). Kalmar is a mid-sized city on the south-east coast of Sweden. Awarded the number one summer city in Sweden for four years in a row it has become a popular destination not only for tourists but also for over 15.000 full-time students. From Kalmar you are not more than 40 minutes away from Stockholm by air and only 3 hrs away from Copenhagen Aiport by direct train.